Saturday, September 30, 2017

Explaining my long absense

The past few months, I have been taking a step back from my blogs.  That is in part due to how hectic this year has been.  It has also been due to a sense of ennui that has been encompassing my life this year.  The burdens of normal everyday life has been getting to me in a big way this year.  That, as well as my own preferences when it comes to working on my writing projects, has made any work slow going.  Since it has been a while, I thought I’d get a little something out there to let you know I’m still alive.

First off, I think a priority of my work has been on a special project.  As you all might know, my free stuff features the heroines created, and owned, by Mr. X.  He has always been a good person to answer any questions I have of his characters, and I know he is in a similar boat that I am in.  At the beginning of this year, I had started in on three script adaptations of my Halloween and Holiday stories.  Unfortunately, due to the ennui, as well as the hectic work schedule that erupted this year, I only got one of them completed, and I sent it to Mr. X.  I had done this to help take some burden off of him for his site, as well as to keep my own skills for writing script from getting rusty.  Hopefully, it is a help to him, and if he does use it, we should know if not by Thursday, before the 12th.

Second, I’ve been trying to make progress on the next published work, which will feature a new heroine, well, she’s not all that new.  She showed up at the end of The Thief’s Folly, as well as the antagonist of the publication.  This had been slow going, sadly, but I am hoping to have it done by Halloween.  Maybe this new self imposed dead line will be a help to me.

Third, the next story that I post on Mr. X’s Free Site is still in the works.  It is literally stuck mainly due to the delay on my next publication.  It is quite possible that once the new publication is done, the next story, Flies In The Ointment, will come flowing out of me, and into the word processor.  Sometimes, that is how it goes.

I still have plans for the next publication.  That one has been halted since before the midway point of last year, mainly due to the election.  I still plan to change the character that is to be the antagonist.  I think the whole election still caused me some second thoughts about the story, but still not enough to make me want to give up the story.  It could be that once the other publication is done, this one will also start to flow.

On another note, I’ve started to do short little things for some artists on Deviant Arts, and I’ve been debating about offering my services to others, writings little stories for their images.  The few I did for free had been fun to do, and I when an image inspires an idea, it just flows out of me.

Anyhow, this is the writing part of why I’ve been so silent and reclusive lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment